· In Brazil: Fabio Wajngarten, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro’s communications secretary have been tested positive.
Spain’s Equality Minister Irene Montero was diagnosed with the new coronavirus.
Spainish PM’s wife has tested positive for COVID-19.
· China has offered to help Spain with their fight against coronavirus by providing medical equipments and other resources.
- Russian-European mission to Mars has been postponed until 2022
- Wall Street stocks sink in opening trading, Dow -7.3% Trading halted on Wall Street after stocks plunge 7% at open
- Carnival and Princess Cruises suspends cruises for 60 days due to coronavirus
- Singapore has temporarily close all the mosques in the country atleast for five days for deep cleaning.
This action was taken after two men contracted the coronavirus when they attended a religious gathering in Malaysia.
so the authorities have closed the four mosques which the infected person had visited after they return back to singapore.
Health officials in Malaysia and Singapore are tracing the people who had attended the three-day religious gathering as number of people from this group have been tested positive for COVID-19.
- Many companies such as twiter, Flipkart, World Trade Organisation have asked their staff to work from home.
- Nike will be closing all of its stores in the united states.
- Video conference of the SAARC leaders was held on 15th March in order to take necessary actions to combat the COVID-19
Thousands of people returning to turkey from a pilgrim in Saudi Arabia have been kept in quarantine in the fear of the COVID-19 infection.
Earlier articles-new coronavirus outbreak china-all latest news & update2020
- Various states and countries are taking measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Slovakia has closed schools and stopped international travel.
- Lithuania government has said to close all schools, universities, kindergardens for two weeks.
- Ireland has kept schools, universities shut till March 29.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has announced a halt on domestic land, sea and air travel to and from Manila, as well as community quarantine measures, calling it a “lockdown” of the capital to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
As containment measures they have put a ban on mass gatherings, and closures schools for one montyh duration and keeping the communities which have cases of cironavirus in quarantine.
- Czechs shut borders and prevents travellers from Germany, Austria.
- California has banned mass gatherings until the end of March.
Smaller events can be held if organisers make sure that there is social distancing of two metres per person stated by the californias health experts.
- The Armenian central bank have decided to replace the used bank notes with new ones as one of the way to reduce the spread coronavirus.
The bank officials have also advised people to avoid making cash payments whereever possible and to use the online banking services.
- Qatar National Library has been closed to the public.
- Kazakhstan declarees a state of emergency.
Kazakhstan has suspended all public events and has taken special preventive measures to hault the spread of coronavirus
- Saudi Arabia has put a halt on flight from several states.
Travel is allowed for health workers from Philippines and india and evacuation, shipping and trade trips can be made only after taking proper precautions.
FAMOUS CELEBRITY WHO HAS BEEN AFFECTED WITH CORONA VIRUS-Tom hanks and wife Rita Wilson tested positive for coronavirus.
·Thomas Jeffery Hank aka Tom Hank is an American film star and filmmaker. He has acted in many famous movies like The Forrest Grump, sleepless in seattle, The Terminal, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, Saving Mr. Banks and many more.
- On 12th march the actor posted on instagram that he and his wife Rita Wilson have been tested positive for coronavirus .
- The actor and his wife were in autralia shootin g for his next film where they started having flu like symptoms so they underwent testing for coronavirus.
- They both are kept in isolation in Australia’s Gold Coast hospital.
COVID-19 coronavirus update in india
- THE NUMBER OF CORONAVIRUS CASES IN INDIA HAS INCREASED TO 107 ON SUNDAY.
- SO FAR ONLY 2 DEATHS HAVE OCCURRED ONE IN DELHI AND OTHER IN KARNATAKA.
- THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF CASES ARE SEEN IN MAHARASHTRA.
- The Lourdes Forane Church in Kottauyam has been streaming the mass live on facebook, youtube and on its mobile app in order to prevent mass gathering of people.
- Gujarat will shut down all the educational institutions including tution classes and anganwadi across the state from 16th to 29th
- The passanger train going from India to Bangladesh have been suspended from 15th march to 15th april until further notice.
- · Command Hospital (Northern Command), Udhampur has made Preparations for covid-19 coronavirus.
- A team of specialist doctors has been appointed to manage the suspected coronavirus patients.
- COVID 19 opd has been set up for treating the suspected patients.
- The hospital has given protective suits, N95 masks & protective equipment to the healthcare personnel.
- Four isolation wards with the capacity of 100 beds have been created, which are equipped with life-saving medical equipment ,medicines and also crisis expansion beds.
- Command Hospital (Northern Command) is working along with (ICMR) Indian Council of Medical Research for testing of the virus under strict biosafety protocols.
- Outreach programs have been designed for active surveillance, tracing the contact, quarantine, home isolation, counseling & health education.
- Authorities in Pune have warned people against revealing the identity of COVID-19 positive patients on social media platforms and police have been asked to monitor social media posts and take strict action in such matters.
coronavirus/covid-19 article-Novel Coronavirus-2020 virus outbreak in china
Major testing cities for Covid-19 in india/coronavirus in india.
- Andhra Pradesh:
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Andaman & Nicobar islands:
- – GMC, Anantapur, AP
- – Regional Medical Research Centre, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar
- – Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati
- – Regional Medical Research Center, Dibrugarh
- – Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna
- – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- – All India Institute Medical Sciences, Raipur
- – All India Institute Medical Sciences, Delhi
- – National Centre for Disease Control, Delhi
- – BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad
- – P.Shah Government Medical College, Jamnagar
- – B.D. Sharma Post Graduate Inst. of Med. Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana
- – BPS Govt Medical College, Sonipat
- Himachal Pradesh
- – Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- – Rajendra Prasad Govt. Med. College, Kangra, Tanda, HP
- – Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute, Bangalore
- – National Institute of Virology Field Unit Bangalore
- – Mysore Medical College & Research Institute, Mysore
- Say no to panic, say yes to precautions, tweets PM Modi
- No Minister of the Central Government will travel abroad in the upcoming days. I urge our countrymen to also avoid non-essential travel. We can break the chain of spread and ensure safety of all by avoiding large gatherings: PM
SPORTS UPDATE ON COVID-19/ CORONAVIRUS.
- The Olympics torch lighting ceremony of 2020 which is held in Tokyo will be held without spectators.
- San Jose Sharks’ next three NHL home gamesn which were to be held in march will be played without spectators
- locker-room access to players and essential staff have been temporarily restricted for the players of Major League Soccer , Major League Baseball Major League and National Hockey Leagues.
- international sports events at Argentina which were to be held in March have been cancelled
- Matches which were or will be played without spectators
- Champions League: Valencia v Atalanta (March 10) and Paris St Germain v Borussia Dortmund (March 11) Barcelona v Napoli and Bayern Munich v Chelsea (both March 18.
- Europa League: Manchester United v LASK and Wolverhampton Wanderers v Olympiakos Piraeus, both on March 12
- Bundesliga: Borussia Moenchengladbach v Cologne (March 11), RB Leipzig v SC Freiburg and Borussia Dortmund v Schalke 04 (both March 14).
- La Liga: Matches will be played without fans for at least the next two rounds.
- All Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 games until April 15
- Matches which are postponed
- Qualifying matches of the Asian World Cup which were to be held in March and June.
- Premier League: Manchester City’s match against Arsenal which was on March 11.
Also the tradition of pre-match handshakes by the Players will not be conducted.
- Ligue 1: RC Strasbourg v PSG was postponed.
- Spain’s Copa del Rey final between Athletic Bilbao and Real Sociedad.
- On one hand The Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai has been postponed whereas on the other hand the Bahrain Grand Prix on March 22 will be held without fans.
- Before the start of the season-opening of Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on March 15, Four crew members from Haas team and one from McLaren have been isolated and tested for the coronavirus.
- The World Athletics Indoor Championships,which was supposed to be held at Nanjing from March 13-15, have been postponed until next year.
- The European Throwing Cup scheduled in Leiria, Portugal is postponed for March 21-22.
- Marathons in Paris and Barcelona have been postponed.
- Athletes from various countries have been barred from travelling to other countries for the international events.
Article on diabetes-How to prevent diabetes mellitus?15 ways to stop diabetes.