NEW CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK IN CHINA.
World is having its first major disease outbreak of 2020.As world faces major outbreak of China’s new coronavirus outbreak.
Least we can do is be aware and make other people around us aware of the grave situation and spread awareness and help any sick person around us.
in this article you’ll get to know all current news and updates regarding new coronavirus outbreak in china and its effect on rest of world.
TWO NEWBORNS FOUND TO BE INFECTED WITH CHINA NEW CORONAVIRUS
- “Two newborns reportedly are among the more than 28,000 people infected with the novel coronavirus, which now has killed more than 560 people since it was detected in December.”
- 30 hour old infant was positive for coronavirus on Wednesday at a children’s hospital in Wuhan, China.
- Both babies are youngest to be infected by the virus.
- Rising suspicions on vertical transmission for mother to child.
- 12th case in US found in Wisconsin.
28,060 confirmed case of coronavirus
Thursday morning, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of WHO, said 28,060 confirmed case of coronavirus have been reported in China, where 564 have died from it.
- 12 cases in hong kong, 3 dead.
- Ghebreyesus confirmed 225 confirmed cases reported outside of China, 1 death, a 44-year-old man from Philippines.
- In the United States, 12 confirmed coronavirus cases reported in Wisconsin, California, Washington, Arizona, Massachusetts and Illinois.
- The World Health Organization has declared the outbreak a global emergency.
Australia PM has given statement saying “ Economic impact is going to be very significant.”
- China is Australia’s largest trading partner and has many Chinese students studying in Australia.
- Thursday morning, Australia’s health ministry has given briefing stating there have been 14 confirmed cases in the country so far.
Vietnam confirms two new cases of the coronavirus, bringing total to 12
- Vietnam confirmed 2 new cases of the coronavirus on Thursday, total of 12 cases.
- The two new cases are from the northern province of Vinh Phuc,
Britain confirms third case of the coronavirus
- A third person in the U.K. has tested positive for the coronavirus, England’s chief medical officer (CMO) said on Thursday.
LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES OF NEW CORONAVIRUS IN INDIA
In mainland China, the number of confirmed cases rose to 28,018, with 563 reported deaths.
As the situation in china is becoming worse day by day, Indian government has started protocols to diagnose cases from suspected cases of corona virus in many states.
3 confirmed corona virus cases detected in kerala.
According to the Ministry of Health, a total of 5,123 are monitored under home surveillance.
In Karnataka, around 95 suspected cases are kept under home surveillance. The Karnataka Health and Family Welfare Services department is observing patients in Bengaluru, Tumkur and Mysuru. No confirmed cases in Karnataka.
Around 25 suspects of new coronavirus symptoms have been reported from Punjab
Cities where symptoms of new coronavirus were reported are Hyderabad, Odisha, Delhi, and Manesar.
Kerala has maximum number of suspected cases. According to the Kerala Health Minister, KK Shailaja, a total of 2,421 people have been put under observation including 100 people in quarantine facilities. People returning from China must stay at their homes for 28 days.
The press statement issued after high level meeting of ministries stated, that the existing visas are no longer valid for any foreign nationals travelling from China. In addition, people traveling to China henceforth will be quarantined on return.
In China, most deaths are restricted to the Hubei province. The first case of coronavirus emerged in December 2019 from Wuhan, central Hubei province in China
24 nations have shown the presence of coronavirus cases ever since.
The Diamond Princess cruise ship-20 NEW CORONAVIRUS CASES
- Officers wearing protective gears were seen escorting infected patient covered in blue sheets who was on board the Diamond Princess cruise ship, in Yokohama, Japan, Feb. 4, 2020.
- Meanwhile, officials have expressed fears that the outbreak could disrupt the 2020 Summer Olympics slated to take place in Tokyo in July.
- Japanese government has established the Novel Coronavirus Headquarters.
- Internal task force setup byTokyo metropolitan government.
- The Diamond Princess cruise ship with around 3,700 people on board was quarantined off the Japanese port of Yokohama on Feb. 5, 2020, 20 people aboard a cruise ship docked in Japan tested positive for the coronavirus.
- A spokesperson for Princess Cruises, which operates the ship, said that those who tested positive included 7 Japanese guests, 3 from Hong Kong, 3 Americans, 2 Canadians, 2 Australians, 1 from Taiwan, 1 from New Zealand and one crew member, from Philippines.
2 charter flights from Wuhan, containing about 350 passengers
- 2 charter flights from Wuhan, containing about 350 passengers, landed at the Travis Air Force Base in Northern California
- All travelers will be screened by CDC medical personnel at their final destinations and placed under a federally mandated 14-day quarantine.
- The new coronavirus has symptoms similar to pneumonia – slight cough, to more severe, including fever and difficulty breathing, according to the CDC. There’s no vaccine yet for the virus.
Tesla temporarily closes China stores due to china outbreak of new coronavirus.
- Tesla closed its stores in china as of Sunday, Feb. 2, according to an online post from a company sales employee.
- The move comes as more than 60% china has shut down in an effort to limit the spread of a new coronavirus that has killed more than 500 people in the country.
Air France and KLM airlines ban flights to china.
- Air france announced on Thursday it has extended a suspension of flights to and from mainland China, citing worries about the coronavirus outbreak.
- KLM also has banned its flights due to fear of coronavirus outbreak in mainland china. In their statement, KLM said it would prolong the suspension of its flights to Beijing and Shanghai up to and including 15 March.”
- Japan Airlines and ANA also announced cutdown in international flights to China.
Philippine central bank cuts rates, and has warned that coronavirus outbreak may cause economic crisis
- In a statement given on Thursday, the central bank said that the “spread of the coronavirus could have an adverse impact on economic activity and market sentiment in the coming months.”
China confirms 19 more foreign nationals have been infected
- China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that data from a “competent authority” confirmed, as of noon Thursday, 19 foreign nationals have contracted the new coronavirus.
- 2 of the cases were old cases and were treated earlier and they have relapsed again.
- 17 others are undergoing treatment in quarantine
Nintendo gaming consoles says there might be unintended delay in production
- Japanese gamemaker Nintendo apologized on Thursday and said it expects inevitable delay in production and shipment of some of its products.
- Those include the Nintendo Switch hybrid gaming console and the Joy-Con controllers that are manufactured in China for the Japanese market.
Group meals banned in Beijing.
- Beijing has issued notice, asking caterers and its citizens to avoid gatherings and group meals and that any previous arrangement should be cancelled or postponed.
- Also prohibited from organizing banquets, whether for festivals, birthdays or school promotions.
- Beijing had more than 200 confirmed cases of new coronavirus as of Sunday night, more than half is said to be due to group gatherings, as per state media.
-Yum china holdings has closed 30% of its stores in china.
Qualcomm has had serious impact on its supply chain due to new corona virus outbreak.
- Leading chipmaker Qualcomm is having serious setback.
- Qualcomm stock dropped about 4%.
- Reporting first-quarter earnings of 99 cents a share on revenue of $5.06 billion.
Millions of chickens in China could be wiped out.
- Shutdowns have hit supply chains of millions of chicken in China and are at risk of being wiped out.
- Mainly due to transport failure across the country, there is poultry food scarcity.
- There are over 300 million chickens in the virus affected city of Hubei alone, farmers are having hard times.
China reports 563 total deaths, and 28,018 confirmed cases
- As of Wednesday night, a total of 28,018 cases have been confirmed and 563 people have died in the country. There were 3,694 new confirmed cases.
- 73 additional deaths in hubei province.
- 2,987 new confirmed cases detected in hubei province alone, due to the fast-spreading coronavirus as of the end of Wednesday.
- Hubei Provincial Health Committee issued statistic of- 549 people dead in the region and total of 19,665 cases confirmed so far.
- Hubei has accounted for most of the deaths related to the new coronavirus.